View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 09:22 AM
Heathermom2opmc

Thank you for donating to Project Linus, it is a great organization. I have been doing quite a few quilt as you go with the cover strips as seen by Pattern Poole. You make a slightly bigger seam --3/8 inch between blocks and then put a cover strip that is made with a bias tape maker over the seam that shows. It can be either on the back for a "regular" looking front, or on the front and look like a narrow sashing strip. This way you can use smaller fabric pieces for the back, but with the look of a regular quilt. For example I did one that had 18 inch blocks. I was able to use fat quarters and the extra I cut off went into my stash for crazy quilts. I also used left over flannel and the back was in different coordinating flannel fabrics, but I didn't need to buy 4 plus yards of fabric which as you said is very $$$$ at times. I did another quilt that I used 12 inch blocks and made the back a pattern as well and that way it was reversible. I have donated to Project Linus for a couple years now and I hear the teen size quilts and blankets are seldom donated. I am planning to do a sports themed quilt as you go and a strip quilt as you go and I will be using coordinating blocks for the back. I would like to do almost a tick tack toe board grid on the back that the teen could use as a game. Just some ideas from what I have done. Pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails image_67203073.jpg   image_67197697-1-.jpg