Old 07-29-2021, 09:56 AM
juliasb

This last week has been strange Saturday afternoon we were hit all around us by a tornado. Our home was fortunate and had no damage while neighbors across the street and in back of us were not as fortunate. We were lucky to only be without power for 3.5 days. Insurance adjusters have been out to see neighbors and the sound of chainsaws are still being heard. It is sad to see some mature and very large trees uprooted or spilt in half. One tree was hit and then went with a domino effect for another 6 trees across the street. The great news is no one was hurt. We were at the end of the tornado and suffered far less than those further west of us. Businesses and homes were either severely damaged or just gone. We still have a good deal of clean up to do. My neighbors have been great.
We also are blessed to have a small generator that was a great help for the fridge and freezers. We even had a bit of over the air TV to get through the 3 days. No air and that was a challenge because of the 90 degree weather. None of this is important as I said before no one was hurt and that is the all important thing. I didn't get anything cut or no sewing to say the least.