View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 03:34 PM
sak658

Default New Sewing Machine

Happy Birthday to me!! I will be 79, August 3rd...I got a new sewing machine today.,I've been sewing on the little Janome for several years now, it's pieced several quilts..so I got the 6700 P Janome Sewing and Quilting machine, and I am in awe of what all it can do..in love with it...can't take that $$$ with you, might as well enjoy it while you can..Can't wait to get started on a new adventure in sewing and quilting..I have just about got my sewing room set up, I sold my home after my wonderful DH passed away..and my youngest daughter and her Dh had a new home built and a wing just for me.. I was married 56 years...so making a big move was not that easy..I lived 2 yrs and 5 months by myself..decided that wasn't what I wanted to do..moved into the new home in April..so getting my sewing room done has been a chore, I wanted several storage items from IKEA and due to Covid have had to wait on getting them, but finally got them all and the room is just about finished...My first project will be a T-shirt quilt for my grandson,,, his two sisters already have theirs that I made for them..Than I have several projects that my mom had started before she passes away, so making my mission to finish those.. I don't need anymore fabric, thread or anything like that..just finding a place to put everything up has been a chore..but loving every minute of it..I do have a huge closet which is great for storage of scraps, and battings etc...I got me a label maker and I have enjoyed labeling all the different containers with what is in them...that really helps when looking for something...
I love the Quilting Board forum..first thing I read every morning...I don't post much but read everyday...