View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 03:23 AM
Boo

Oh Leslee, if only I ordered a pillow. Nope it is a queen size breadfruit. I had heard that once you make a breadfruit quilt, you will be successful. Now who wouldn't want success in life? :lol: I do believe that a matching pillow is also on the order. :lol: I have a pattern cut out for a wallhanging that is so complicated, it never got basted. It is a strawberry also from the Pacific Rim, although I didn't see it online. It was purchased at a show a few years back. You may be interested to learn that I joined a twisted mystery in another forum. You send fabrics to the host who assigns them a number, then randomly sends your fabrics to another quilter. We have no idea who's fabric we are using but we make all decisions on what to do with the fabrics sent. I received a beautiful Hawiian quilt from a quilter from Hawaii. She chose to use only one of my sent fabrics as a border and used another fabric for the pineapple design. Needless to say, I was awestruck! She did a fantastic job and definately took me by surprise. Everyday I mentally send her good wishes, as I admire my gift. This is the reason I have become interested in attempting my own. I appreciate your tips, and will let you know when the pattern arrives and the fabrics I choose.