View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 07:19 AM
Iceblossom

Rargle Snargle! Just when everything was going so well, on Tuesday Cranky Bernie just refused to work. I went in for a quick half hour of sewing and after a couple hours of frustrating error codes, packed it up and took it to the shop yesterday. If it isn't the thread sensor (already replaced about a year ago), it's a very similar issue. Estimated 6 week turnaround.

But that's ok -- it's not like I don't have back up machines. While I was going to start quilting down Aunt Debbie's top, I can't do that right now but with an end of the year deadline, I can float 6 weeks. And if it is going to be more than that, well, not ideal but Remy (my vintage Remington) actually does rather nice quilting for a standard neck machine.

Today is the day hubby and I are taking the Hmong Story Cloth to the Wing Luke museum. Museums typically have thousands of pieces in collections that may never be displayed, that's ok, it's better storage than in my fabric.

One of the Tuesday ladies took more of the craft things than I expected -- among other things for her own use, she is willing to take group ownership of the huge amount of official Velcro that was in one box. Still have a couple boxes left.

I am staying clear of fabric temptations as I continue to organize, the last thing I want to do right now is bring anything new in the house. I need to get Froggie Beach done so the loose pieces aren't floating around, but maybe some semi-forced organizational time isn't such a bad thing. Maybe.