View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 06:46 AM
Iceblossom

Coffee break and time to check in with my virtual quilters.

Rob, hoping you are healed up and not over working yourself. The Remington is actually Remy with a y. Sort of like my son who has the cat commonly called "Margot with a T" even though you don't say the T in Margot Remy is a hard worker but just really easy going, sort of like Dennis Quaid in the Big Easy...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092654/

Not all my stuff has names and personalities, but some sure do.

So, when I don't have Cranky Bernie going, here's my Remy. Has been my primary machine for most of the last 20-30 years. At one point I had one of the (then new) top of the line cam machines, just before it all went computerized but when it broke and couldn't be repaired Remy came to my rescue. Originally belonged to a grandmother of a friend of mine who was having a garage sale, and I said price it at $40 and take any offers over $20, but I'll take it for $20. Anyway, that is the original tool package off to the right side (or at least what I was given with it). We are going to ignore all those Bernina parts in the left corner...

The remnants of the kid's bandage I put on there so many years ago to mark my 1/4 is still there. I still have on the zig zag plate and foot from making masks, but it is doing a lovely stitch as it is.

It sits on a lovely (but currently empty) sewing organizer one of our lovely board members made for me! I need to load it back up but I keep trimming scissors, seam rippers, other stuff there.

PS: Yes, I know I'm looping the thread around the foot pressure. We both like it that way!
Attached Thumbnails 100_6177.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 08-06-2021 at 06:50 AM.