View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 09:15 AM
Iceblossom

Depending on your perspective, long-arm quilting is often more expensive than people expect, but a lot depends on your part of the country.

I am limited myself on what/how I can quilt down, and it is a combination of physical ability plus space plus design plus skill too that has me currently displeased with my results. In the last month I've done a lot to improve my quilting situation -- and then my machine decided that it needed a shop visit!

One of the first places to go is your LQS -- local quilt store. Ask, look for a bulletin board. Likewise, if you have something like Craig's List or Next Door, or a local news outlet that serves the community, just do a search on quilting (under services or arts and crafts, you'll be surprised what else out there is quilted), or long arm quilting. There will be many options in the greater Minneapolis area!

Some sites are much better about understanding the prices and what is included. In my area, it's just the work mostly, thread, batting, all that other stuff extra. In other areas I guess you can get the top bound for you for a nominal charge, here it is more than cheap little me is willing to do.

You can have anything done from your quilts being basted together for easier hand quilting, to computerized or free hand "edge to edge" designs. To having directional borders requiring the quilt to be turned. Semi-custom. Full custom. All I can say is prices vary greatly.