Old 08-07-2021, 07:24 AM
juliasb

I am so glad that I got my blocks back to you early JaniceMC because the stress in my life just intensified 100% fold. Mom as you know is in hospice and at least that is a given. We had tragedy strike again this week and it has left my head reeling. I have a special needs sister in FL. When we hadn't heard from her and no one was answering a phone my other sister had the police do a welfare check. They had to break in the door. They found my BIL dead. He had been dead a couple days when he was found and my sister was barely clinging to life. Both victims of COVID! She is on a vent and not expected to make it. The plan is to put her into hospice care and discontinue the vent. The doctors have told us she will never come off the vent. On top of that there is severe brain damage. Her O2 sats were only 40% when they found her and told us she would have been dead within a couple hours if she hadn't been found when she was. The family is devastated. My BIL has no other family than our extended family. My one sister is taking care of everything and is their POA and Guardian. She flew to FL from MI 3 days ago. We are in touch all the time. I am still not processing this and feel like it is not possible. My sister should be calling me today for our regular 4pm call and I know it is not going to happen. I don't know what I am going to do.
Needless to say not sewing right now. I have a block cut out and laying on my sewing table. It will sit there for a little while. Pray for us.