View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 04:55 AM
WMUTeach

Yeah, SBG. I saw your post in the VQW thread and was hoping to find your encouraging photo on our thread too. Lovely. I did get to make a few more blocks last week but still more to go. I am thinking I may do as you have and start laying them out and stitching together. I am anxious to see how the colors play together in at least part of the top. Not this week, but perhaps will work on it during Labor Day Week-end Virtual Quilt Weekend!!

If any of you are not familiar with VQW (Virtual Quilt Weekend), once a month one of our Quilingboard members hosts a three-day "virtual" quilting weekend. You choose what you want to work on, set aside whatever amount of time you have and quilt, cut, piece, stitch. Folks post what they hope to work on and photos of progress and accomplishments as they wish. No pressure but it sure seems to help to set aside a designated time to make progress on what ever is under your needle. The next VQW is Labor Day weekend and is four days rather than three because of the holiday. Lots of fun and encouragement between a diverse group members.