View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 05:56 PM
Macybaby

got my candies in the main yesterday. I've not done any sewing for several weeks now.
DH and I had settled on a plan for remodeling the kitchen in the studio apartment (my sewing area) that involved building a dividing wall, but then as we got to talking we decided we liked the openness better, so I rearranged me sewing area and painted the east wall (since we would not be building one that joined into it) and before I could get things put back together, DH got the outside painting done and we started on the kitchen remodel. Meant moving everything out of the kitchen area and into the sewing area.

We are on the "putting back together" phase now - electrical work is all done and walls patched (ready to install tile backsplash) and the lower cabinets are painted and installed (though the doors are not back on yet). Range fan is installed and today we started getting the butcher block countertop ready to install. figured out where the cuts need to be made and I'm sealing the underside and then we'll flip it over, cut, sand and seal. Probably means I won't be able to sew for a few more weeks, but progress is being made!.