Thread: Scales or Flags
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 09:55 AM
toogie

Default Scales or Flags

Hello Quilters! I made an extra large size throw from mostly recycle and items on hand. You may recognize the little scraps from my brother in law Douglas’ shirts in the narrow strips. The jeans are recycled except for the darkest color. That denim was given to me in a large roll. The backside are 2 small soft fleece throw blankets I pieced together, so it would be large enough. I tried to match the plaids, as best I could, without losing too much width. The top was actually a little wider, so I had to trim it to meet the width of the blankets. You can see where the blankets are pieced because one of the blankets plaids run crooked. I don’t think most guys will notice or really care. It still made up 58x 79. I didn’t use any batting in between. It is heavy like a weighted quilt but it hugs around you well, because it’s not stiff. I am hoping some CASA teenage boy will love it. I don’t have the ‘right’ fabrics to make boy quilts so I thought this could be suitable for a guy. I need to ‘name’ it. I can’t think of the words I am looking for, but I am thinking of when sound goes up and down on an electronic scale device. Do you know what it’s called or understand what I am trying to say? A friend said the small scraps remind her of tiny flags so I should name it United. What does it remind you of?

I try to keep busy because can’t get out. Our state in full of Covid and all hospitals are maxed out. I have to keep my mind positive and busy making for others.
Hope you like my ‘throw’. Have a nice day-Toogie
Attached Thumbnails 6f59d277-b664-48ca-b4b4-fd711af1a55d.jpeg   45f49423-f0eb-48df-8dd1-a9b903e328ef.jpeg