View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 10:55 AM
sewingpup

I am feeding a commercial kibble.....but, I generally do mix in something with it. Today as I had nothing else, I opened and put some wet canned dog food in with it. My dog refused to eat it. What I usually mix in with it is a bit of lean roast, chicken breast, or browned lean hamburger and if I have it, a bit of sweet potato (roasted) or cooked carrots, or green beans. He usually gobbles that up and will eat the kibble if it is mixed in. There are some recipes for making your own dog food but you have to be careful of making sure the nutrients are right. I don't give him things like gravy or pan drippings as he is a small dog and the vet cautioned too much fat can cause pancreatitis in small dogs or certain breeds. I have also given him a bit of roasted squash which he also likes. My vet cautioned against the raw meat food as she says she has treated too many cases of food poisonings from feeding a raw diet. strangely, he also likes cooked broccoli which is ok to give dogs per my research. I just think you would need to be really careful with the source of the raw meat to feed raw.

Last edited by sewingpup; 08-18-2021 at 10:57 AM.