View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 05:57 AM
JENNR8R

Default Why Should I Get My Quilt Appraised?

I have achieved my ultimate quilting goal of having a quilt juried into the International Quilt Festival. It will be displayed this Fall and was accepted into the machine quilting category of all things! I can die a happy woman! (I hope one of you will be attending and could send me a picture of it hanging there since I won't be able to attend.)

I'm being offered the opportunity of having the quilt appraised at the show for $55. I know an appraisal is valuable in establishing its worth when shipping it. Insurance on the quilt would only cover the cost of supplies (that I could prove with receipts) to make the quilt unless I had a written appraisal.

I don't anticipate this quilt being shipped again once it is returned to me after the show. I cannot use the appraised value in shipping it back because it won't be provided until 30 days after the show. The quilt would have been shipped back to me well before then.

Can you think of another reason that I would want this quilt appraised other than bragging rights?
Attached Thumbnails bluebirds-fly.jpg