View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 06:12 AM
nanna-up-north

Default The vintage quilts go home!

I know I've already told the story about the my husband's cousin that found 7 quilt tops that her great grandmother made more than 50 years ago. The cousin found them under a bed when cleaning out her mom's house. The mom had gone to a home. She just passed a week ago.

Anyway, the quilt tops were given to me to finish and I was honored to do that. Some had to be repaired and completed first, some had to have seams resewn. But, I got all 7 done and this past weekend we traveled to St Louis to give them to her. They brought us some things they'd found in the shed so it was an even exchange. I feel we got the better end of the deal.

Some of you wanted to see pictures of the cousin when she opened up the quilts so I got a few views for you all. As you can see, she loves them. That makes me very happy.

This picture shows her reading the label I put on each one. Thanks to all of you, I was able to write each quilt's name or block name on the label along with a picture of the great grandmother and other important information. The cousin didn't even know her great grandmother's full name. She had died before the cousin was born. But, another cousin did the research and got that information along with a picture of the quilt maker and her birth and death date.
Attached Thumbnails pam-quilts-1.jpg