Old 08-28-2021, 06:05 AM
mjpEncinitas

Kristi, your trip sounds like a dream. We’ve done a lot of trips through the Southwest in our van. You can hop from one national park/monument to another. That was back before you needed reservations due to Covid. If was raining too hard we would just leave the next day! Are you doing a blog? I’d love to live vicariously through you!

i always brought a crazy quilt to work on. Hopefully the parks aren’t as crowded now that school is back in session. What a fun adventure.

i homeschooled two of my kids 6-8 grade. We used the Great Courses for history. One of my kids would draw while he was listening to the class. He went to college for fine arts. My sister who taught junior high told me just keep him on track for math, the rest they repeat in high school anyway. We did some interesting subjects. I swapped teaching math for English with an adjunct professor. She got the two boys interested in Shakespeare by teaching them the naughty bits. Three families read Macbeth together. I got to be a one of the three witches in the beginning. Then my son and I read the funny Macbeth satire by Terry Pratchett. We had a lot of fun that year. The son of the adjunct had a lot of challenges with math. I sent both boys out to the trampoline and my son would quiz him on multiplication facts. When he learned pre- algebra there were a lot of problems about elves, dwarves and swords. I hope you enjoy your homeschooling as much as we did.

Janice I’m excited about getting the blocks. I’m mentoring another student in addition to stpclaws and I’m going to suggest we do our own mini swap over the next few months.

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 08-28-2021 at 06:19 AM.