View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 07:30 PM
osewme

I have the Food Saver brand & I love it & use it all the time. Last year (2020) when food started to become such a shortage we stocked up on ground beef & I vacuum sealed all of it & am still using it right now. There's no freezer burn on any of it & it's still as fresh & pink as it was when I sealed it. These machines preserve food for a very long time. The bags are expensive but I've learned that I can re-use a lot of my bags by washing them when I'm done & storing things in the used bags. Sometimes they don't seal as well, but I still use them just like I would a zip bag. You really don't need one with all the bells & whistles. Mine will seal jars but I've never used that feature. I plan to buy another one as I've had this one for several years & I know prices will be going up & I don't want to be caught without one. I want to get another microwave sometime soon also (for a spare).
When I have too many eggs, I even vaccum seal them. I crack the egg & stir it up a bit to mix the yolk & white. Then I pour the egg in a little small container & freeze it first. After it's frozen, I take it out of the container I froze it in & vaccum seal it with my food saver & I have frozen eggs for recipes like cookies, cakes, & even breakfast omlettes. Anything that is "liquidy" can be frozen in a regular container first & then vaccum sealed after it is frozen solid.