View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 07:35 AM
Iceblossom

My sympathies, Juliasb. Even when things are expected, you can't ever really be prepared.

I've been dealing with issues in my real life as well. I am certainly feeling a bit lost and distracted -- I think VQW is exactly what I need!

So, since last weekend, my Cranky Bernie machine has been in the shop. I just got it back a couple of days ago, but I want to spend about 30 minutes in my sewing room getting ready. So that will be my first task. Putting together the Froggy Beach blocks which are pinned and waiting will be second. Hoping that's all today.

And then -- if the weather holds out, tomorrow I'm going to pull out and put up my free ping pong table in the back yard and I am going to layer down one of my tops and get it quilted! Will still be using spray baste. I bought clamps and should be adequately set up to start. First top quilted will most likely be rather large and simple serpentine stitch. Probably should try to figure out in my head which top to start with, as one of today's tasks...

Next top in line after the warm up is the University of Michigan top, Aunt Debbie Bleeds Blue. That one needs out by the end of the year. And then we see how many quilts tops and battings do we have... Well, I actually have a spread sheet for the tops, not so sure how much I have left on my roll of batting and have to see what pre-packaged batts can be used with what tops.