View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I go To The Sea To Breathe

Originally Posted by geckogirl
Hello all!

I just wanted to throw out a topic and see what type of responses I might get :-)

What do you do with all your quilts? Do you make them for family? Is it theraputic? Do you donate them? Do you keep them yourselves? Do you show them? Do you raffle them?

I know there is an organization called Project Linus who provides love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers” and I was wondering if anyone participated with this?

Thanks for taking the time to answer!! I look forward to the responses!!
I give them to social service who uses them to give to kids that are taken from their homes like in the middle of a fight, abuse etc. It helps for them to have something new and belongs to them when they are taken away. My grandkids went thru that and since we adopted them 2 years ago, they were taken at 4 in the morning by the police and ss and taken without a thing except whaty they had on. The dad had them and ss had gotten a tip that he was abusing them. He wasn't but both parents lost the kids. They are now 12 and 15 good kids. tjey were 3rd and 5th grade when we got them after almost 2 yrs in foster care/. also my quilts go to the women and kids shelter here in town.