Thread: Masks
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 11:22 AM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Most of my family are in the medical field. The masks, if not medical grade and worn correctly, will only keep the bigger droplets of air borne stuff out. It will not keep the virus from getting past the mask. People need to told something that makes them feel safer and wearing a mask does that.
but if everyone wears one correctly I understand it reduces risk. Nothing will eliminate risk. I think from your postings you are anti establishment? Or anti current establishment? I follow some folks on You tube I think similar in beliefs.

as far as colds go no one I know who usually had gotten colds has had any kind of sickness since wearing masks. And it is our effort to try and not inadvertently give the virus to some unsuspecting soul who doesn’t believe they help. Non mask wears could be asymptomatic carriers and pass it along.

As far as all your medical relatives - the dreaded main stream media has a lot of postings from different medical professionals who wear masks all day in surgery and such and have not had any dire consequences. No CO2 poisoning. No extra colds. At least from all the ones I see. Of course there are outliers and folks will do what it takes to validate their own beliefs. I guess I am doing that. Many of my relatives are in hard sciences with advanced degrees so I like to listen to them.