Thread: Masks
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 02:09 PM
sewingpup

I have a BS in biology....which included a fair amount of training in bacteriology and viruses, I also learned about the immune system. After that I got my BS in Nursing. More infection control and learning about diseases that caused pandemics in the past. Then I worked in a hospital for 9 years. Then I went back for my master's degree and got Certified as an Industrial Hygienist. That is were I learned a lot about ventilation, and respiratory protection. Then I worked as an Industrial Hygienist for 20 some years. I am amazed about how poorly we have informed folks about infectious diseases, how to evaluate scientific studies, and how to make informed decisions in this country. I never occurred to me that people would not wear mask and follow recommendations of the infection control experts. We have some very good and well known experts in this field in this country and for years we were resources world wide for many diseases. Think how ebola was handled when it came to this country. It really makes me sad and I feel so badly for the health care workers and teachers who are having to deal with so many not caring enough of others to follow the recommendations. Sorry, I probably have violated some rules here but I am just so sad about all the people dying who don't have to. I want to make a quilt for every single health care worker, first responders, teacher, grocery store worker. I know I can't do that...there are just too many of them....but they really need a warm hug at the end of their shifts.