Thread: Masks
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 04:38 AM
peaceandjoy

I've come to the conclusion that my husband is a slob, lol! I'm retired, he is not. Before retiring, I worked in school with about 1,200 students and another 200 teachers and support staff. I rarely got sick, but he gets colds constantly (and is the typical male when he has one - carrying on). Not one cold for a year! Never before have I known him to not have a cold for a year. Wearing a mask, which also keeps his hands away from his face, and using hand sanitizer frequently have really made a difference for him. I'm not a germaphobe, but I do wash my hands often and carefully throughout the day, a habit that has served me well over the years.

One of the reasons I like the Jesse mask is that there is a pocket of air between your nostrils/mouth and the mask itself. It also has different sizes, with instructions on measuring from ear to ear and from the bridge of your nose to your chin. Those things make it easier to wear, I think. I use 1/8" elastic, so have never had any ear irritation.

We've talked about wearing them when out and about during flu season, as is common in some countries, regardless of mandates for Covid. I've reached an age where I really don't give a hoot what anyone else thinks, and if it keeps us from getting sick, why not? I don't smoke, rarely drink, and always wear a seatbelt, too.