View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 07:53 AM
Iceblossom

Woke up in the middle of the night with a bad reaction to a mosquito bite! Apparently I'm bait myself... I've never had a reaction like this before -- the itching was intense, my ring finger was swollen and I had to take my wedding ring off. Took a shower in case it was some other sort of allergic reaction and then snarfed down a couple of benadryl, it took about an hour for them to help the itching, and cut my frog fabric for the border while I was trying not to scratch. After 4 hours from the first dose, I took another 2 and went back to bed for awhile.

But now I'm up and ready to put on borders. I usually just cut to fit, but since I had some issues with my seams/block sizes, I'm going to make the center of the quilt follow the correct math of the borders. I'm altering the designed borders a bit, adding a third and changing the sizes slightly. When I first looked at this pattern, I had plenty of fabric but I realized I needed to add an additional row to make it a better bed size, and that left me a couple inches short from ideal for the frog fabric.

So, from my own imposed goals, I didn't get any tops sandwiched and I'm about two sewing days behind -- thought I would have had the borders on Saturday or Sunday at the latest but hey, I slacked off all day on Friday. Apparently I needed to do that and my goals are my own, thankfully no deadlines involved. It definitely felt good to be working in my still in-progress but greatly improved sewing room