Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup club soda
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 cups Bisquick Biscuit Mix

Cooking Directions:
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Combine all of the ingredients, knead the dough by hand until the dough holds together; do not over knead. Flour your hands. Pat the dough flat to 3/4-inch thickness; cut out biscuits with a biscuit cutter. Bake on a greased baking sheet for 13 minutes, or until golden brown, when they come out of the oven brush with melted butter. Makes 18 Biscuits.

**Pls note: This is the one that comes closest to the KFC recipe. The recipe did call for 1 tsp. salt, but I reduced it to 1/2 tsp. so you can use your best judgment there. I think the oven time should be 10-12 min. so keep an eye on them from 10 min. on. Actually, the sides of the biscuits should be touching for best results. And I think only 4-1/2 c. of Bisquick is needed. If you want the very best taste, I would suggest using lard instead of the butter because lard is what is key in making a great biscuit! Also, if you don't have buttermilk on hand, I would just use the lemon juice or vinegar trick as a substitute. One tb. per cup is best. Simply put 1 tb. of vinegar in a measuring cup and fill to the 1 cup line with milk and wait til it clabbers after a few minutes and you'll have buttermilk.

Some people don't like the bottoms getting too brown either when baking biscuits so some will use cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Also, keep in mind that the less handling of the dough means you'll have a nicer biscuit. More handling of the dough means a tougher biscuit. This biscuit compares to KFC in texture and not necessarily size although it comes closest. I found another one I'll include also and here is the coleslaw recipe for those of you who would like it.

Just Like KFC Coleslaw

4 1/2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
6 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup chopped onions
2 1/2 cups Miracle Whip
1 cup sugar
2 carrots, finely chopped
2 heads cabbage, finely chopped

1. In bowl, combine oil, onions and sugar; add tarragon vinegar; fold in mayonnaise.
2. In large bowl, combine carrots and cabbage, mix well.
3. Pour dressing over cabbage mix; stir well to combine.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Serves 8

Hope you and everyone else enjoys these recipes and have fun making your biscuits! enjoy! n2. :D :D