View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Three Dog Night

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
The clock was so thoughtful! Love the applique! I'd like to try something like it, so can you point me in a direction for steps involved? It looks so professional!!
I got the pattern and kit from Pacific Rim Quilt Company https://www.pacificrimquilt.com under kits/2FQA. Instructions are for needleturn hand applique, fusible applique or raw edge applique. The website has lots of information in blog archive detailing all kinds of information. I learned Hawaiian quilting from original owner Nancy Chong who has become a friend of mine (lucky me) and we meet monthly to catch up on what we're working on and just talk. Nancy has a great DVD that is sold on PRQC on 2 Fabric Applique, it is really easier than it looks. The black fabric is on top of batik and outline of machine is drawn on and sewn on, areas are marked either A the black to stay or B the black area to cut away to expose the background fabric. Really goes pretty fast. I have made several of the Hawaiian patterns also but do needleturn hand applique and hand quilting on those. Hope you try something out they have lots of patterns to select from.