Old 09-13-2021, 06:59 AM
sewingpup

good for you for sharing with your neighbors who are on limited incomes. I don't have a freezer and can not do much gardening anymore. But I did plant some cherry tomatoes in pots and have a lot of them so when I pick, I bundle up some and share them. I have been debating getting a small freezer but will probably need to more into assisted living in a year or so so haven't wanted to do that. Plus it would need to be in the basement and food I store down there tends to be forgotten by me. I need to go down and check the dates on some canned goods. I actually have been trying to use up the little "store" of goods I put down there at the beginning of the pandemic. I do try and use meat sparely and when I cook up a batch of stuff, I do freeze it in single servings. Sometimes I think I spend more on my 20# dog than I do I myself. I give always some kibble of a good brand but also mix in a bit of meat and vegetables. Good thing I have him to cook for otherwise I would be eating a lot of peanut butter toast, cereal, and canned soups.