View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 04:58 AM
Jshep

Default What are we organizing today

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
No organizing today, just sewing. I can spend so much time putting things in order that I forget what the purpose of the sewing room is for.....sewing . Today my quilt group is Zooming for a few hours, we do this every Tuesday, and I have a plan for a serious three hours block to time of chain piecing for a sew-a-long. Goal is to get them sewn, pressed and stacked and ready for the next step. Guess that is organizing the pieces rather than the space. Tee-Hee-Hee!
I had three car loads of scraps (the kind you would throw out to the birds) given to me for pet beds. I have spent the past three days making pillow cases and stuffing them with the scraps. Probably donated about 25 pet beds. As you can imagine, my sewing room was a disaster. I started yesterday cleaning it up. I’m very organized, but still can’t get it like I want it. What does make me feel better is when I go to my friend’s house. She has a large building separate from her house for sewing. When you walk in it’s like “holly molly”. You can’t even walk through it. A long arm, three sewing machines, a serger, tv, a huge cutting table (completely covered up with fabric) shelves and shelves and tubs EVERYWHERE. Her house is the same way. That’s the way she likes it. She lets me use her long arm for my quilting. When I get back home to my sewing room it’s like “this isn’t so bad after all”. Lol