Thread: "Weigh In"
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 03:46 AM
laparshall

I am going to say this one thing and then I will not address this issue again on the board.
First, some thoughts may better be shared in a PM than on the main thread. That way offending someone could be avoided. If my name hadn’t been used, I wouldn’t have taken offence.

Second, I do not need to be reminded to count the blessings that have been bestowed up on me. I also have physical limitations, however, I do not use them as an excuse, I choose to focus on what I CAN do, not on what I CAN’T. I worked very hard to get to the point where I am today. I started out doing low impact exercises in a chair for 3-5 minutes at a time. I worked for weeks and weeks building the strength in my legs and feet. I did not decide one day to just hop out of bed at 5:00 am and start exercising. My journey has been very long and I have also been discouraged at times, but I just kept on doing what I could do. I had set backs where I couldn’t even do the low impact exercises in my chair, but once I recovered, I just got right back into it. I take my journey very seriously and this is not about the “game” for me. I participate in the game to make it more interesting for me and for everyone else. With the thinking that if there were something at stake we would ALL push ourselves just a little harder.

I am of the feeling that people are encouraged by seeing each other’s successes. That is why we share, isn’t it? To be supported and encouraged when we don’t live up to our expectations, but more important to be congratulated when we do well. That was the spirit in which I posted my weight loss.