View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 03:45 PM
sewingpup

Now I am using Birkenstocks' They did take a bit to get used to. I have had problems with planter fasciitis for more than 30 years. . I have tried so many different shoes, New Balance, Asics, Crocs, Hoka One One. But, I keep going back to Birkenstocks and that is what I have been wearing for about 10 years now. I have several pairs of them, sandals, rubber slip-ons, leather slip-ons, leather ties. I so wanted the Hoka One One to work cuz they felt so comfortable when I put them on....but it seems my feet need the hard support the Birkenstock's provide. One tip I have is that if you have a good running shoe store in your area where the workers are knowledgeable regarding running feet, they are really a good source of advice. My local store is owned by a marathon runner and he looked at my feet and gave me suggestions on what shoes would be good to try and which one's were a no go. He also looked at my old shoes to see how they were worn to see how my gait actually was. I have learned about shoes and feet. The Birkenstocks have very little difference in the height between the toe and the heel....I can not tolerate shoes where the heel is higher then the toes. No high heels for me.