View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 05:41 AM
toogie

Meyert, what size are you planning to make? If bed size, I see the books and think of a piano border with fabrics those colors. I also see points in his quilt so any blocks with points such as stars, if you don’t do the exact block like in his quilt, should look good. You can always use smaller borders around the panel to adjust to size you need and wider borders around the outer edges to increase size. More times than not, you loose the border or some of it that frames the original panel, when you square up the panel. If you do then add the same color frame, with your fabrics cutting the widths of frame border the size you need, to make your blocks fit. Also, I have made the side frame slightly wider if I needed to but no more than an inch each side wider than top, so it wouldn’t be too noticeable. I think I started a Panel Album here. I love working with panels. Gets my creativity juices flowing.-lol - I’m sure you probably have thought or know most of this and will come up with your own ideas. You may be making a wall hanging and if so, I’ve talked too much-lol