View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 11:57 AM
Iceblossom

I've been doing really good on my organization stuff. Even doing good on my quilting stuff, sort of. Got Bernie back from the shop and was 90% complete quilting the first of three tops and it broke again. Actually as in a piece fell out of my machine and landed on my project! It was part of the just replaced thread sensor thing and so was fixed again for me under warranty of the last repair -- huzzah!

I got the quilting finished and even have the bindings on, well the machine part. I am so slow at the hand work part of things this will be weeks of Tuesday group sessions.

Today I do have to confess to buying. Two of my thrift store finds, lovely pieces both of them and unlike many I get very usable, not sure if they are indeed big enough for a back, about 4 yards each at $6/each. One is a timeless treasure/hi fashion and the other a Hoffman. I turned down a big golf novelty print -- plenty on that bolt for a back. And I even have some golf fabrics in my stash but I have no plans to make a golf themed quilt in the next 5 years so I passed. Yay me, pat on the back.