Old 09-21-2021, 06:21 AM
fatsewcat

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Wonderful quilts, all of them. LOVE the elephants. Where did that paper pieced pattern for them come from? Also love the one that looks like sound waves. Great quilting!

This is the block I found on pinterest several years ago when I made a wedding quilt using this block. There were no links to the pattern back then either, so I created one myself to get the same look. When you find this image on internet/pinterest now it links you to a steroid site. I don't understand why people take something so innocent and use if for something unassociated because this obviously has nothing to do with steroids. But that aside, I then took the pattern I had already created and modified it so two elephants were upright. If you PM me, I would be happy to share my pattern. And I wish I had a better answer and direction for the pattern of the elephants in the picture above.

I hadn't thought of that quilt as looking like sound waves (black and green one?) but it is modified log cabin block I found in my quilt program. I probably changed the center nine patch block a dozen times trying to add a different interest to the overall block but I kept going back to this one so I decided to leave it alone.