View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 07:39 AM
JeanneMa

Originally Posted by brendaj8689 View Post
Hello. I just purchased a handi quilter table top frame off FB marketplace and need help. Someone had to pick it up for me and didn't take pictures of taking it apart. I found some instructions on the Handi Quilters website, but not enough to figure it out. I believe it is the original Handi Quilter. What size table do I need? I have to put it on a folding table, because it will not be set up all the time. Once I get a table, then I will deal with the next steps, putting it together. Thank you all. I wish I could afford a longarm machine and frame and had a place for it, but at least this will be a start. I have a Juki 2010q to use with it until the money fairy gives me enough for a bigger machine. Thank you all.
I was in your situation, almost exactly, and found an old handi quilter frame on Ebay. I put it on an 8 ft cosco folding table. It works pretty well. wish it had better handles and a speed control. Kind of tiring trying to a; see what you're doing from a chair, which you need because b; you still have to use foot control, and c; be able to move the machine around from sitting position while reaching the foot control with your foot. I'm now looking for a set of "handi handles" which will work with this frame/machine I have. It's an ADVENTURE!