Old 09-23-2021, 04:15 PM
Victoria Quinn

Originally Posted by WIChix View Post
I have also found it much more likely to find a 15 with good wiring than a 201, but I live in an area where 201s are much less common. I believe 15-s were made much later than 201s, (tho other than the 15-75 and 15-125, I do not know end date of production on the 15-91.)

I have two 66- with back tack, and found they seem to have a vibration at higher speeds. The 99s I have are very sweet to sew with.
Truer words were never spoken. The 201s have the worst roached out wiring you're ever going to see. I think its because they aren't as pretty as the rest of the Singer machines. Its fairly plain, and often owned by a serious seamstress that passed and the kids wanted nothing to do with sewing in 70s, 80s etc... who put it in a leaky attic or garage for 30 years and just recently realized that they were worth a bit of money. The 15s are owned by quilters and homemakers that used it daily, and the kids that inherited them used them as "home decor" because they're sexy machines. Then they sell them when they want to redecorate.

I found that all the oscillating hook machines vibrate pretty good after 700 spm. Those 15s clatter like crazy too, and have a noticeable dwell in their feed. That's where I like the rotary hooks. They feed and stitch quite a bit smoother.