View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 09:17 AM
tallchick

Yup been there done that! It really depends on the machine and set up. When DH and I decided to split, I had a HQ Fusion, it was disassembled into 3 sections and the poles also come apart in sections so it was pretty straight forward with the take down and set up process. DH reassembled and leveled it for me in my new place.
Last year in March (just before the shut down) I sold my set up to his sister, he came and disassembled and set it up and leveled for her. The following week we drove 8 hours to Virginia to pick up my new to me Innova. This set up is far more detailed than my HQ! We brought one of the trailers and thankfully it was set up with casters, so we simply removed the machine, and the computer robotics and rolled into the back of the trailer secured it down and rolled it into my garage.
Now the fun part! I got tired of waiting for him to come back to help me disassemble and set it back up. I did it all myself! And it took me 3 days and every muscle in my body ached when I was done. It can be done by yourself, but 2 persons make it easier.

1: Take Pictures.
2: label everything that makes sense to you for easy reassembly. I numbered each piece with the corresponding part on the table and the same goes for parts. I had a separate baggie for every leg and nut and bolt every baggie was numbered to fit.
3: Make sure you have the instructions, either the original or printed out to keep handy for any questions.
4: I had adjustable height saw horses to help me with holding up things, it was my second pair of hands when needed.
5: Keep the number of tech support handy! I purchased the electric lift for my table, the instructions were more geared towards a technician and not a DYI. I had questions and they had a engineer call me back and get me over the hurdle.
6: Make sure you level your table before you even start using it again. It took me an entire day to do it myself only because of the location. If it were on a flat surface then it would have been much easier.

Its not hard to move if you have help, and not impossible if you don’t, provided you are physically able and somewhat mechanically inclided. The place I purchased my Innova from wanted 2500.00 to deliver and set up. Ummmmm yeah, no thanks!

Last edited by tallchick; 09-24-2021 at 09:21 AM.