Thread: Hello everyone!
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 06:32 AM
majormom

At age 72, I have discovered the fun of quilting! And the perplexity of it as well!
My first quilt is in progress and will be given to a darling baby boy as a crib quilt. Its' title is "After the Flood" and will be comprised of squares embroidered by machine, with a pair of animals in each square and the Ark, the rainbow, the dove and Noah and his wife in a panel in the middle of the quilt sewn on blue fabric with white clouds. Also dispersed (every other square) will be a nine block square in complimentary colors.
The embroidered animals are densly embroidered since they are shaded with many colors. Each 'picture' has many thousands of stitches involved, and of course stabilizer had to be used. This makes the embroidered area fairly stiff.
I am wondering if anyone else has used machine embroidery on their squares that required many stitches and if they ever used a disolveable stabilizer in the hoop to make the design softer?
I'm sure you will be hearing from me often since I do not intend to join a class since my health keeps me from carrying a sewing machine around to classes. All of my gained knowledge so far has been from the internet and from books.
I find this board soooooo interesting and read every single entry with delight.