View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 07:11 AM
Snooze2978

Thank you all for your kind words. Since I'd lost my sewing/quilting mojo, I had to pretty much kick myself in the backside to get started again. Once my neighbor made my table for me, that got me started as it is such a beautiful and heavy table made out of solid maple. I knew my youngest kitty would be up there investigating and her back claws are sharp so I had to come up with an idea to protect the table top. My sister picked out the fabric from my stash and luckily I normally buy 3-5 yards if I like it. I've used almost all the scraps leftover from all the various items I've made so far. Even made some towel holders for the stove, fridge and dishwasher. Have just enough to make a cover for my 1948 Hamilton Beach mixer on a stand a 3qt Instant Pot. Might make one more placemat with what scraps are left over to fit a plexiglas piece cut in a hexigon shape. When my sister comes over to eat lunch on Fridays, she tends to get messy so I can put the plexiglas over this placemat just for her.

Again thanks all for helping me get my confidence back.