View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 05:08 AM
SuzSLO

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
This is one gorgeous quilt! I love it! You did an amazing job. I don’t think I’d have what it takes to do a mystery. Maybe I’m OCD but before I’d invest time and money I would need to see if I like it. So do you have to buy the pattern or kit or can you buy your own fabrics and she gives you how-to’s often? I have never participated in a mystery quilt along.
I too love the dog peeking.
For the 2021 Mystery Quilt, there were 12 clues released 6 days a week over 2 weeks of her online blog. She suggested 2 color ways: rainbow or blue and white. You could purchase a fabric bundle or do what I did, supplement my stash with additional fabric, making choices each day based on my perception of light/medium/dark in the blog instructions and accompanying video.

As an example, the instructions in the first clue were to make 8 total 4 patch blocks, in two different combinations of light/blue. I was able to stay up with the program through about Block 10, when I needed more fabric. I also made 4 blocks that I ended up not using in the final quilt because I didn’t like the contrast (or lack thereof). I substituted a different block entirely, so I could try another Accuquilt die.

In 2020, I waited until all the clues were released before I started, so I knew what the final quilt would look like.