View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 06:36 AM
Iceblossom

Haven't checked in for awhile. I got my two Bonnie Hunter mystery tops quilted down with simple serpentine grids and Bernie is being cranky again for Aunt Debbie Bleeds Blue... Oh well, at least I have the hand finish for my bindings to do at Tuesday group and I'm doing ok not starting any new projects. I'm really pleased with myself that the last two mysteries will be completely done before starting this year!

I have been planning a trip -- May 2022 hubby and I will go back to Grand Rapids, MI to visit his mom and family and take a grand road trip there and back again. We'll be going through 13 states, spending the night in 10. I couldn't fit in Yellowstone to the dates, but we will be seeing Mt Rushmore for the first time. We are just spending two nights in Grand Rapids and then starting the homeward trek. There is a ferry that goes across Lake Michigan from Muskegon to Milwaukee -- what a hoot! (Much smaller and much more expensive than our tax supported local ferries.) The northern route back will take me right through where my grandparents were from in North Dakota. They lost the family store in the Great Depression and when my father was born in 1937, they moved west to Tacoma where my great aunt and her husband were established. It's mostly about the road trip...

Hope all are well -- Rob, thanks for the updates. Keep up on pain management, as you have found you want to keep ahead of the curve and not have to make your way back up.

edit/ps: you will notice that no quilt stores are mentioned for this trip. Will be traveling with dogs and while there are the various exemptions, I am not planning on any fabric shopping!

Last edited by Iceblossom; 09-30-2021 at 06:38 AM.