View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 05:27 PM
berrynice

Red face How to pack fabric for a move

Hi all, I have been mulling this over for a bit and can't quite decide what to do. I could use some expertise from you fellow quilters!

I am in the process of moving and have started packing up the house. I have a very large stash of fabric that will need to be boxed up. One of the issues is that I have no idea how long the fabric will be in the cardboard boxes. Between selling this house and buying another one, it could end up being a few months to heavens help me till spring since winter is closing in. I really need to get it packed because there is so much to do. It is going to take some time, so I can't wait until the last minute to pack. Plus when unpacking at the new place, my craft room will probably be the last to get unpacked, so it could be 6 to 8 months before it is all done.

So, long story short, how should I pack up my fabric. I really don't want it to get discolored in the boxes (next to the cardboard) Should I wrap each yardage in newsprint (plain) or is it good to go into a unscented white trash bag before going into the box? I am keeping out my current quilt project so that I can work on it once my 'packing' is pretty much done, but the rest needs to be packed up.

What do you all suggest is a good way to pack it up so it won't get damaged?

Last edited by berrynice; 10-02-2021 at 05:33 PM.