Old 10-04-2021, 10:40 AM
DawnFurlong

I don't think of myself as a particularly creative person, and so when I took a quilting class, I was amazed at what I could create using strip piecing. It took off from there. So many pretty fabrics and thread, interesting tools, and sewing machines. I sometimes take a hiatus from quilting (might be a year or more), but it always calls me back. If I have been out of my sewing room for a time, when I return I return obsessed (and wondering how I could stay out of my room for so long!). I FMQ my quilts on my domestic machine, and sometimes that bogs me down a bit. I have been practicing my FMQing a lot, because I am determined that I can do something other than stippling (I have added some meandering paisleys and such, as well as the wavy line quilting I did on my last quilt). I usually don't start multiple projects at once, but I think if I did - then when I need a break from one particular facet of the process, I can work on something different for awhile (so I don't start avoiding my sewing room). I find something as simple as laying down a straight and even 1/4" seam relaxing. The sound of the machine, the feel of the fabric in my hands. I love seeing it all come together.

Last edited by DawnFurlong; 10-04-2021 at 10:47 AM.