View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 11:29 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Well, for the first time in probably 3 years I ( fell off the wagon) today. It’s been a long, long time since I purchased any fabric just because I loved it. I stopped in to our little local shop this morning, actually with a plan and a need - needed another red fat quarter and possibly a new blue to finish up the last 4 blocks I need to do for my secret Santa exchange blocks and I was looking for 1/2 yard of something for journal covers for my secret Santa package— she loves orange and bright green—
first thing I found was some new, beautiful, vibrant Laurel Birch fabrics. Perfect colors- for my journals- and a panel….oh I love that— tote bags, possibly ( two hand pot holders) aprons I was thinking gifts for a few people…I did get my needed red & blue fq’s , 2 half yards in a fabulous bright green and a Laura’s Birch colorful stripe with great greens and oranges and 2 Laurel panels. When I pulled in I expected to spend about $10-$12 actually spent $46. Oh well- I’m thinking when also using stash fabrics I managed to get things that will make 4-7 different Christmas gifts and now I feel ( inspired and motivated)
and it wasn’t really a purchase just adding to stash it all has definite use/ projects. I did manage to stop looking and not be tempted by all the new projects I haven’t seen before. It was nice to drop in and browse a little

Last edited by ckcowl; 10-04-2021 at 11:34 AM.