View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 09:01 AM
petthefabric

We're moving across the nation and don't know moving date or have a place at the other end.

Working on stash for many years to downsize. Have given thousands of yards for charity quilts, quilts and kits. Having purged this way, I've refined what I want to make in the future. Off to the thrift store is everyting not cotton or rayon. Thinking a new wardrobe may be necessary, I've chosen fashion fabric and quilt fabric. I had way too many planned purchases that never made it to the execute stage. I think there's wisdom in purchasing for a project, one at a time.

The first purge was into 4 lg/heavy boxes and many totes. The rest for sale. The current purge is brutle. Two large/heavy boxes and 5 totes are now 2 totes. I'm considering using that for packing material. Also been purging linen closets into useful and packing material. I'd rather use things I want to keep as packing material than move something I plan to get rid of.

Since we don't know how long and where all this will be stored, I'd like it in plastic not cardboard. Cardboard goes into the compost pile. Plastic lasts forever. Just think of all that poly we wore in the back then that went out of style but never wore out.

It's a process. Glad to be truely into this than the last time we moved. I think I was mentally in a bad state and someone had to move me. Loving daughter was very kind. But it hurt us both mentally. She's checking on me frequently and I send her reports. Like, "cleaned out the cloths in guest closet."

Love family and friends. They're the hardest to leave behind. The rest is stuff.