Old 10-08-2021, 09:26 AM
DawnFurlong

OnebyOne - I looked up Missouri Star rulers after you mentioned them. I generally like anything by Missouri Star! I'll have to remember about glue basting if I'm having trouble.

ctrysass2012 - I'm thinking I want to go with a larger block to start with as well, as I also thought that would be easier.

Peckish - Your quilt is just gorgeous! The black and jewel tones together really pop, and I love the added touch of the bias tape along the curves. I'll look up those rulers, thank you!

aashley333 - Your quilts are beautiful, there are so many variations on this block. Yes, that does make sense. It is essentially what the CutRite ruler is doing with the slits marked in the ruler. I like when rulers have other applications, so if I went with a curved ruler, I can make my own markings easily.

SusieQOH - Another vote for Missouri Star, I have used their Tumbler template, and it worked well.

Juliasb - Love your quilts, that is a very interesting design on the first one. I really like how by turning the blocks you can get so many different effects. I guess I just need to decide which way I want to go with regard to a ruler. I just cut a lot of 1-1/2 inch strips for a bargello quilt. I think I did fairly well at eliminating any slight curve in my strips, but I didn't find it as easy to cut using a longer ruler as I thought I would (and I am more apt to get that little bend when folding the fabric 2x before cutting). Makes me think of an Accuquilt, cutting is my nemesis right now, no matter how slowly and carefully I go.