View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 06:03 PM
Nader

Next up is the Honda wing symbol that was used in the '60's. Pic of it below. Racing vintage Honda motorcycles has been a big part of my life (in the summer seasons) for the last 15 years. I've built up these bikes from the ground up, and have raced them with pretty good success. Like the Alfa race car, the Honda race bikes are one of the reasons I need this quilt in the first place, so I can camp out at the race track.

For this panel, I switched to a Bernina Record 830. You can see the previous Pfaff looking on jealously in the background. I had to have a Bernina because my mom, who is a talented professional dressmaker/tailor, and seamstress (had her own business doing alterations for high end boutiques), always had a Bernina. Still does. Hers is electronic, but I wanted an analog mechanical machine. I actually bought two, one of which to use as parts for the other if needed. (same story with the Pfaff 360; I have two).

The Honda wing design was difficult. All the sewing made the panel's material pucker. I was hoping it would flatten out with an iron and eventual quilting. BTW, I'm using all cotton material, pre-washed and dried, for the panels and eventual back sheet.
Attached Thumbnails honda.jpeg   img_6559.jpeg   img_6560.jpeg   img_6561.jpeg   img_8633.jpeg  

honda.jpeg   img_6559.jpeg   img_6560.jpeg   img_6561.jpeg  

Last edited by Nader; 10-10-2021 at 06:09 PM.