View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 11:46 AM
ElinLewis76

Smile Hello from Canby Oregon!

Hi! Just introducing myself. I've been a lurker on the forum for a bit - looking up info on vintage and antique machines. I love all the knowledge and experience shared here! Now I have gotten brave and want to start using the vintage/antique machines that I've collected. I tried quilting 20 years ago, and stopped mid-way through completing the top. Now that I'm older, and *hopefully have more patience and experience, I'm ready to try again. I'll probably be looking for use/parts info on treadle machines (Singer 66, White FR) and 50-60's era machines. I'd also like to try hand quilting. I have an aunt I used to visit as a kid that hand quilted some amazing quilts. Looks really relaxing.
Other stuff about me: my day job is as a supervisor at a steel company, I paint watercolor and soft pastel in my free time. I also teach/taught painting (before Covid) in my studio on my property. I live on 6 acres near the Willamette River in Oregon with my two older teenage children, my mom (in a cottage), goats, a million chickens, dogs, cats, and ducks. I'm a widow (12+ years). Winters are long and dark here, and I love having something to work on with my hands.

Last edited by ElinLewis76; 10-11-2021 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling error