View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 11:54 PM
Rff1010

Finally finished! 99x99 batik quilt. Rejected by the long arm lady, I pillowcased it and TIED the beast. It will be a donation for Habitat for Humanity
Remainder of donation quilts will be for Project Linus. Why? Smaller and the organizer is nicer.

Story time- I felt strongly that I had so much that I needed to give back. I've always like Habitat as an organization and we have a strong chapter here that REHABS houses not build new. So I decided that would be my donation. Did a little online research - while this chapter hasn't done it - presenting quilts to new homeowner is not uncommon nation. So make the quilt. Contact donation coordinator. "Oh sure fine. Normally we don't but if you really want we will make an exception. We'd rather work with a guild than an individual because we want x number of quilts per year.". I don't expect falling down gratitude but I really don't feel appreciated either. But at this point I'm too stubborn to back out and who else would want something this huge. Anyway- that's why I won't donate quilts to Habitat in the future - but yes I will to Project Linus.

PS. Started to quilt next top. Decided to go for straight line because it's fast and the tops need to get *finished*

Last edited by Rff1010; 10-14-2021 at 11:56 PM.