View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 07:02 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Heathermom2opmc
Hello All--well I am going to be brave and post a photo of the wall hanging I made. I am very new to quilting and rather petrified about this swap--but also excited because I wanted to participate. I guess it is scary knowing how many people are so much more experienced then I am, but yet I know everyone had to grow just as I am doing as a quilter. Here is the background inspiration for the piece:

I am naming it "NY Four Seasons". This 4 block wall hanging is one of the NY beauty line of quilt blocks. I live in very northern NY State and one of my favorite things is that we have 4 distinct seasons. I live in a 150+ year old farmhouse and I don't have a lot of large wall space to hang quilts or pictures. What I do have are quite a few small wall areas between doorways or in rooms with sloped ceilings that a small wall hanging would be perfect for. I figured that perhaps others would appreciate a smaller wall hanging for spots like I have in my house.

I hand quilted this piece, and it has been washed and dried. Finished it is about 14 1/2 inches square. It also has hanging corner pockets in all 4 corners so that it can be hung in any direction. The 4 sections are made with fabric for that individual season.

I am very new to quilting--but very pleased and happy with how this turned out. I hope whoever receives this likes it.
Wow! You are new to quilting? This is stunning. I have never even attempted anything like it.