View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 09:25 AM
travelinggramma

Turkey and stuffing. And enough for leftovers! I think I love the turkey sandwich more than the whole meal!
Mince meat pie always seemed to appear and be left over. Everyone favorer the apple or pumpkin pies!
Only oops – is the things I forgot to put on the table – my fathers favorite creamed onions one year, rolls another year
Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday to sponsor at my home. There is nothing else but food and friends and family. Everyone brought something – one year all I had to do was the turkey, stuffing and gravy! I would invite anyone who didn’t have a place to go - especially the local college kids! I just kept adding on to the table. There was no kids table – we love the generational setting. And we all sit and stay and talk.

When my daughter went to college it was too far for her to come home, so she went home with a roommate. She called crying afterwards as there was no turkey and trimmings on their table. Since then we made New Years Day a Thanksgiving day and open house for any and all. We still celebrate with her no matter what day the calendar says!.