View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 01:16 PM
WMUTeach

I am not in the contest but why not share my stories

1.What one food is a “must have” on your Thanksgiving table......Turkey and mashed potatoes with gravy ( I know not one food but my game, my exception to the rules.
2. What is the one “most hated” dish on the Thanksgiving table that seems to appears every year? Green bean casserole with those crunchy onion things on top.
3. Tell us a story of a Thanksgiving Oops! We have all had them. This is not my oops but I was there to experience it. My much loved brother who is a marvelous cook hosted Thanksgiving and one year he refused to have any of the traditional Thanksgiving fare. No mashed potatoes, not gravy, no braided cumin bead, no corn, no pumpkin soup, no venison, no jello salad, no cranberry relish, no olives and pickles. No, no, no. His children and their spouses and I secretly promised that we will never have such a non-traditional meal again.( We did have pumpkin pie and apple pie because a niece and I were just rebellious enough to bring them to this unusual Thanksgiving meal. A nephew now hosts the meal and it is traditional all the way.
4. In 25 words or less, just like those old cereal box contests, tell us what makes this holiday special to you and your family.
It is all about gathering with family and feasting and for "most" of my family the carrying on of traditions. Children at the table, telling stories, cleaning up the kitchen together and playing games all afternoon and into the evening. A true celebration of God's blessings on us all for the year.

Looking forward to your Thanksgiving stories!