Old 10-26-2021, 12:56 PM
emmamark
Banned

Default New to Juicing, beginner questions regarding which veggies/fruits I can use and how t

I have a Breville Big Squeeze juicer. I have never juiced anything before. I am not doing a juice cleanse and I am not trying to substitute meals. My goal here is to supplement my current diet with more vitamins and nutrients from vegetables and also to provide my kids with a better juice than store-bought. With that in mind I have a few questions:
  1. My instruction manual specifically states you should not juice fruits/veggies with hard seeds and listed apples as an example. It says the apple core should not be run through the juicer, yet every instructional video I have seen of this juicer has entire whole apples being used. Is this ok? What about carrots and things with stems? Every video I see just has the whole thing going into the juicer, no trimming or anything. Is that the best way?
  2. Similar to question 1, the manual says to peel any and all citrus and only juice the core, yet I see online people juicing whole lemons and oranges quite frequently. Is it ok to juice the peel of oranges and such?
  3. I will mainly be using this juice for my morning and afternoon protein smoothie to avoid using milk (apparently as healthy as I try to live, my cholesterol is still a little high). Generally speaking, blending whole vegetables and such is difficult in a blender, but missing out on the insoluble fiber from the body of the veggies is also a bit disappointing in some regards. Is there anything that can be done with the dried-out body or is it best to just throw it out?
  4. Again, my instruction manual suggested not to put nuts in the device, but I've seen instructional videos on how to make almond milk in the juicer. Safe?
  5. Any advice on how to maximize my output and the most affordable cost and time. I am limited on time so I am going to try to make a couple of gallons at a time. Also any advice in general, I am all ears!